
I got the job as cook and manager. I loved it, the restaurant was in deep money trouble, he had a lot of bills and not many customers, I hired some new cooks and I cooked myself and our business started growing, soon the restaurant was packed, I had made a deal with the owner that I would pay for all costs of running the restaurant plus I would pay off his bills which totaled $15,000.00. In about 1 yr I had paid all his bills. I had worked every day and took very little time off, so one day I told my cook that I was going to take a day off, so I signed a couple of checks to pay for supplies that were coming in and took the day off. It was about 1 in the afternoon when my cook called me and said "you better come in " the person I had made the deal with had came in and took the checks I had signed, to pay for more of his bills. I went in and just couldn't believe it, 1st that he would do that to me and second that I was that stupid to let it happen, anyway we had words and I told him to take back his restaurant and I left. In about 2 hours my cook called me and said almost all the employees had left also! The town I lived in had a empty restaurant which was a lot bigger than the one I had been running. It was for lease but had been closed for about 5 yrs. I wanted to go look at it but I didn't have any money saved. A lot of my customers had been calling me at home wanting to know if I was going to open another restaurant. I told a couple of them I was thinking about the one that was for lease. About 2 weeks later my phone rang and the man said I was wondering if you would like to see my building I have for lease, since a lot of people have been calling me wanting to know when you are opening. ..... I will post more tomorrow

1 comment:
i love reading your story. you are such a strong and talented woman. it's obvious your hard work and perseverance paid off!
:)
Post a Comment