Thursday, August 13, 2009

SOOOOOOO

I told him I wanted to see the building. I just loved it, it needed a lot of work because it had been closed for about 5 yrs. I don't know why but me and him just hit it off right from the start. It was like we had known each other all of our lives, we talked for about 3 hours, and he said when would you like to open? I said it would take me awhile because I didn't have the money to back it and it would take a lot to get started. He said well how much do you think it would take to get it running? I said I don't know for sure but at least $10,000. He got out his checkbook and said How do you spell your last name? I couldn't believe it!!! He believed in me and I got it opened, and I paid him back every penny!!! We became great friends. It was a lot of fun getting it opened, we had the whole restaurant painted inside and outside. Fixed everything that was broken, we were fixing the water pipes and I wanted to put a waitress station in the dining room, there was a pipe sticking out of the wall and we were going to run pipes to the waitress station so my husband was working on them and he said turn the valve on and i turned it and the valve fell off and water squirted clear across the dining room lol. We scrambled so fast trying to get it off, finally my husband turned the main water off so we could fix it lol. The Restaurant was beautiful, I had a huge kitchen with lots of shelving and the dining room was decorated like country!!!! We made barn doors out of old barn wood on the front wall when you first walked in. We had a good business, we were always busy and did a lot of banquets . I was there at 5:00am every morning till 11:00pm at night. Our kids grew up in the restaurant, they liked to help and my waitress said they could clean out the salad bar faster than any of them lol. Everything went good for about 4 yrs then my husband started a new job in another city so I closed the restaurant and we moved. I thought that was the end of my Restaurant business but then .......... will post tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom... its already 3 days later... finish the story... love you... jamie

Anonymous said...

ok Mom... It's been a week .... ahem... Jamie

Anonymous said...

Mom, did you forget your password or something??? Jamie