Tuesday, December 30, 2008

60













































Oh my, tonight I was thinking this year I will turn 60, and that got me thinking about the 60's. What a wonderful time, I wish everyone could have lived in the 60's! If my years being 60 are as great as the 60's I will have a great time. I think it all started with the movie West Side Story. Then came the great music, at school we had dances (before school started) in the gym, we would skip school lunch and head to the Burger Bar and hope we didn't get caught being away from school grounds. School you could not have long hair if you were a boy, collar length only, and girls we had to kneel on the floor and if our skirt didn't touch we were sent home. Then the Beatles came lol, our parents thought we were crazy lol. I was very lucky I had a princess telephone in my room and could talk to my friends when I wanted. TV, we only had 3 stations,2,4,5, on Friday night at 10:30 it was Nightmare Theater, very cool show. Times were very different then, we walked everywhere we went, most of our parents only had 1 car and if we wanted to see our friends we walked to their house. When I was old enough to date someone who had a car the fun thing to do was drag the Boulevard, we would go from Combes Drive in on one end of the Boulevard to Rusty's Drive in on the other end. We had Drive in Movies, and if we wanted to go ice skating we just went to the pond. It was a wonderful time, 55 Chevy, Navy Blue with so much Chrome it just Shined!!!!!! The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Santana, Who, Mamas and The Papas, The Beach Boys, CCR, Bob Dylan, GREAT MUSIC. We had hippies, flower power, and just trying to find out who we were. I loved it!!!! Here are some pic that remind me of 60's.













1 comment:

Mrs Anne said...

I bet the 60's were a blast! :)

I LOVE your hair in those pics! :)

you're a fabulous lady, 59 or 60!

xo,
love ya