Friday, December 5, 2008

Thinking of Christmas













When I think of Christmas when I was young it was much different than the times are now, not really better or worse just different. I know now that the Betsy Wetsy Doll and the big box of Lego's and the Princess Telephone was probably as hard for my parents to get as the X Box or PlayStation or Computers are for parents to get now. The thing that has changed is I remember those things and I wonder if the kids now will remember what they got when they were young at my age. I know I can ask them in July and usually they can't tell you what they got for Christmas. The thing that has not changed is the feeling of Christmas!! The way you feel on Christmas Eve, the Breakfast or Dinner you have on Christmas Day, being with your loved ones in person or in your heart, your Christmas Tree, the quietness of Christmas morning after all the presents are opened and you can relax. I love Christmas!!

2 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

Christmas at the Pettingill household is an experience I had never had until we came there... it was amazing.

The sense of "family", of "joy", of "peace" and of "togetherness" was so apparent.

You are an amazing wife, mom, daughter, friend... and you make Christmas so wonderful for those around you.

We will sure miss you this year... from Oregon.

Anonymous said...

I miss Xmas with the family. I remember, when we were growing up, going to our family Xmas party on Xmas eve and Gma and Gpa Pettingill's house. I remember on the way home you and Dad would tell us to get right to bed because Santa wouldn't come until he knew that we were asleep... lol

I could never fall asleep. I was always too excited. But then every Xmas morning Santa had been there and the livingroom was full of toys.

I love my memories of Xmas. Thank you Mom for all of those memories.

Love,

Jamie