Sunday, November 2, 2008

SUNDAY


I was thinking today how hard it is to decide every day "WHAT DO I FIX FOR DINNER" So I think I will try to remember each day to post here what I fix, then if anyone wants a recipe or would like to post their recipes we can get ideas from each other!!!!
Sunday............
Homemade CREAM OF POTATO SOUP WITH SAUGAGE
I used red potatoes, washed them good but left the skins on . Diced them kind of big because if to small they will be to mushy. Whatever size pot you use fill it 3/4 full....then cover with water. Add sat and pepper, garlic salt, parsley, 3 tablespoons chicken base or 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth , 1 can corn or 1 bag frozen corn. Cover, so it will start to boil. While that is boiling in frypan brown saugage. I use 1 package bulk saugage and 1 package of saugage links, the links I cut in 3 pieces for each link after browned, the bulk saugage I break up into very small pieces. Add the saugage to potatoes, let cook for about 1 hour or until potatoes are done, then add 3 cups milk, make a rue by melting 1/2 lb butter in saucepan and add 4 tablespoons flour or enough until it is like a paste then add to your soup, keep stirring until creamy. ENJOY!!! Great on a cold day.

3 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

Yum! That sounds delicious!!!!

Thanks for the recipe! :) Can't wait to see all the ones to come!

xoxoxo we love u

Anonymous said...

The soup sounds good. Perfect for a rainy day like today. I love the idea of exchanging recipes.

Susie said...

I love this soup! The only difference is I don't add corn but do add 1 cup cheese

Love you mom